July 10, 2011

Drinking beer on a Sunny Sunday



One fine Sunny Sunday in the month of

June, we played a match in the scorching

afternoon. First we ran for runs and then

for catch. Lazily we bowled and finshed the

match. And when the Sun held high in the

Bangalore town ,we decided to have Beer

on the cricket ground. Corona it was so yellow

and clear, like a mellow sunshine bottled in

form of beer. We raised our bottles, and some

their plastic cups. “Cheered” in chorus and

gulped the first cheering Bottoms Up.

“BurrRRrrr”, we howled and squeezed our

lime. The first bottle, the first one

we finished in no time.


The Second pint was smooth and slow.

The Only one who’s’ high was Joe. His eyes

Was fixed and voice numb as he frantically

went on scratching his bum. Ananth too hit

his guitar down , strumming “You spin my

head right round”. Sandy was quiet and

the only sober one, for he was used to drink

Old Monk rum. By and by we drank to the

Core, we counted the score, it was not one or

two nor three but Four.


As I was on a fifth bottle embark, Varun

snatched my drink and hurled his remark,

“Dude, What the Fcuk, this is not fare”,

that bottle not urs, that’s my share.”

“Jack are You ?” , i said, "I can see you through my

hazy funk, Gimme my drink ,am not so drunk”.

His parched soul then headed towards

Karthi ! But he said Sorry Macha, am sharing

my drink with Parthi. And when he was left

with none, He joined sandy with his old monk

rum.


We played a lot of prank, some I cant recall,

For my mind was tumbling under influence

of alcohol. Suddenly came with another bottle

Murali aana, I said,” Sorry brother, too much

Now, I don’t waana”.

At times I ponder, I am doing too much drinking,

So I advised my mind, better quit…….. Thinking.

I poemed this incident on that moment spur. I dint

knew I would mix beer and metaphor. I waked

the sleeping poet within me. Like Frost Robert

writes word and talks like a simile.

The deep were lovely dark like woods

For promised are broken for goods

And smiles to come whenever u drink…

And smiles to come whenever u drink…


*********************************************

************************************

*************************

2 comments:

Nanda said...

Awesome ! ..too good a poem !

Aurindam said...

interesting poetry!
i luvd it :)